Separate card descriptions in different spread postions

Enquiries and discussion about spreads...

Moderators: Programmer, WebWeaver, WillowsHeart

Blade
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

Separate card descriptions in different spread postions

Post by Blade »

Hi all.

I have my own descriptions for every card in every position of, for example, the Celtic Cross. By that i mean 10 separate descriptions depending on the position each card lands; Covering, Crossing, Future, Hopes and Fears, Outcome etc.

Is it possible to have my:
Fool description for Covering to turn up in the "Covering position"
Fool description for Crossing to turn up in the "Crossing position"
Fool description for Hopes and Fears to turn up in the ... etc. etc.

Can this be done or do i have to list 10 different postion-descriptions on all 78 cards?
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: Separate card descriptions in different spread postions

Post by Programmer »

Hi Blade,

If I understand you right it isn't possible. The program lets you see a pop-up note that is influenced by both the card and the position, but only in the sense that it merges the two things in a single window, so you can see the notes for the card and then underneath that the notes for the position. But the position notes are always the same regardless of the card and the card notes are always the same regardless of the position. I think you are talking about having a whole matrix of possibilities covering each possible combination, in which case I am afraid the answer is no.

One thing I am planning to introduce later in the year is a new section of the forum where users can suggest new features and vote for the ones they think would be most useful to them. Obviously this would be limited to suggestions that I think would be within my abilities to program. I would consider this suggestion as feasible so it could be something you could put forward then.