Feature missing?

Enquiries and discussion about spreads...

Moderators: Programmer, WebWeaver, WillowsHeart

Nothingness
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

Feature missing?

Post by Nothingness »

The spreads don't say at all what each position is for. All they show are the cards in their positions and the meanings. They should show stuff like: 1) Querent, 2) Present situation, 3) Blockage, 4) Past, 5) Fears, etc. Right now there is none of that. Even when I look in the spreads manager it doesn't show at all the cards positions.
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Re: Feature missing?

Post by Programmer »

Hi There,

Maybe you are going into the Spread Creation Wizard by mistake? This is for you to create your own spreads, so the notes against each position are empty to start with until you write something. Have you tried laying out one of the spreads that come with the program, or downloading a spread that someone else has shared - you should find that then you see the titles and notes.

Cheers,
Richard
Nothingness
Evaluation User
Evaluation User

Post by Nothingness »

Programmer wrote:Hi There,

Maybe you are going into the Spread Creation Wizard by mistake? This is for you to create your own spreads, so the notes against each position are empty to start with until you write something. Have you tried laying out one of the spreads that come with the program, or downloading a spread that someone else has shared - you should find that then you see the titles and notes.
I don't go in the spread creation at all. I choose free selection, then I just pick a spread in the menu, there is a small window above that appears, I pick the cards that appear on top in the the window above. It says Deal Spread and I do it, and I see the three cards I picked and their meanings but it doesn't say at all the meanings of the positions of the cards.
Attachments
GCS_001.jpg
GCS_001.jpg (148.66 KiB) Viewed 6423 times
Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Post by Programmer »

Hi,

I have tried to reproduce the behaviour you are talking about but without success, because I see the spread notes displayed correctly. One thing you could do is make sure that the spread you are dealing actually contains some notes. The spreads are contained in XML files in the spreads folder in the program directory.

Another thought is that what you are doing, by going into Free Selection Mode, is not the normal way of dealing a spread. This is something you would do if you wanted to reproduce a spread you had done with a physical deck of cards, so you could specify which card goes into which position. The normal way of dealing a spread is just to choose the spread while in normal operation (not Free Selection). Does this make any difference?

Cheers,
Richard